How do I…
Get a library card?
Library cards are free! You must be at least 5 years old and a resident of Jefferson, Berkeley or Morgan County, WV. Some of our Maryland neighbors are eligible as well. Stop by the library with proof of residence and a librarian will help you sign up in minutes! You’ll be able to check out materials on the same day!
You can visit or call the library. Or use the online catalog:
- Go to our Library Catalog.
- Click on the “Log In” button in the top right-hand side.
- Sign in using your library card.
- Click on your account and then “View Loans.” Finally, click the “Renew Item” button.
Find my PIN for the library catalog?
If you’ve lost your 4-digit PIN for the catalog, you can contact the library and we will reset it for you. You may also change your PIN at any time from within your account.
Pay late or lost item fees?
Every Friday is fine-free. The maximum fine for overdue items is $5.00 total per family. If you have a fine or have lost an item, make arrangements for payment with the librarian. We cannot accept replacements for lost items.
Request an item or place a hold?
When you find the item you would like from our Library Catalog, select the ‘place hold’ button and enter your library card number and your PIN. Be sure to select the library where you would like to pick up your item. The library will notify you by email when your item is ready to pick up.
Print, Scan, Copy, or Fax a document?
- Printing, Scanning, Copying: 20 cents per page.
- Faxing: $1 each for the first five pages; $1 for each subsequent group of five pages. $3.00 per page for international faxes.
- Scan and email: Twenty cents per page.
Submit a program idea?
Suggest a title?
Send an email to email@example.com with the title and author.
Get a document notarized?
The library offers free notarizations – no appointment necessary. You must bring a picture ID along with the UNSIGNED document(s). This is a free service, but donations are always welcome!